Where YOU From?


  "Don't get it twisted, I'm a billionaire for a reason bruh! Well.. cuz my daddy was."
When I was in college there were always kids from small back woods towns that couldn't see the forest for the trees that were always getting hustled by the kids from urban areas. I tried to look out for them but they just couldn’t help themselves because they would always fall the Oakey Doke! My famous question was always, "Where YOU from bruh?” That's when I realized that the best place to be from, is from the ghetto, because I was trained from birth on how to watch out for slick talkers and con artists. If you can survive in the hood you can make it anywhere in the world.


Back in September I wrote a joint entitled "Everyday I'm Hustlin!" about how both Peyton Manning and Jim Irsay ran game on the fans of Indianapolis when they signed him to the 5 year $90 million deal with a one year opt out. Nobody recognized the game but my fellow hood alumni and current hood dwellers. Why, because of our extensive training on how to dissect a hustle before getting your lunch money taken in 2nd period near the band room came in handy! That experience alone made it easy to spot Peyton and Irsay coming a mile away. Like the boyz on the block used to say, "Man you gotta come better than that"!

Like I explained in that article, Peyton hid the injury and the May surgery from everyone until training camp. He went into negotiations with the team in August knowing full well that he wouldn't be able to play last season. Now I’m not mad at him for it. However, it was too late for Irsay to pull the contract off of the table because the season was about to start and he needed a security blanket. If he doesn't sign Peyton, these iffy wanna-be football fans will be upset and not buy single game tickets and advertisers would pull out etc. So therefore, the hustle was in bruh!

Let's keep it real this is Indianapolis, not Chicago, Pittsburgh, Dallas or Cleveland where fans will support the team regardless. Indy is one of the worse cities when it comes to promoting concerts etc because it’s known as a walk up town. That’s means people walk up and buy tickets and don’t usually purchase them in advance. That’s why so many shows get cancelled and so many promoters hate putting Indy on the tour schedule. It‘s just as bad for sports too. If you're not winning they ain't coming. The Pacers are and they still ain't coming bruh and this is supposed to be a basketball state. Lucas Oil will be the same way if the Colts continue to lose. In my Men Wearhouse voice, "I guarantee it!"

Now folks are up in arms because they believe that Irsay screwed Peyton by cutting him and not paying him the $28 million dollars. Those same folks missed Peyton hitting Irsay for $20 million for not playing a down last season? He made more money than Tom Brady and he went to the Super Bowl bruh! That was the ultimate hustle move and nobody saw it but those of us that took "Traits of a Hustler 101” when we were 10 years old!

Both Irsay and Manning got up in front the media and had an emotional tear or two during the press conference and the fans in Indy fell for it hook line and sinker. These boys have been plotting this move for months. Let’s keep it real or all the way 100 which ever comes first! Would you car pool to work with your boss if you thought that he owed you $28 million dollars and was about to fire you? These cats car pooled or should I say private jet pooled from Florida together the night before and he gave Peyton a ride to the crib as the media filmed them driving away. Now I could be wrong but I thought I heard that Rick Ross “Everyday I’m Hustlin” bumpin’ in the Range Rover as they pulled off!

I'm still asking the question "Where YOU from?" because everywhere I go people are feeling sorry for Peyton Manning because he got fired. Wait a second bruh! This dude made more than $170 million dollars in contracts over 14 years with the organization not to mention all of the endorsement money that’s literally making his pants bruh! I can't feel sorry for that brother at all. He had a Hall of Fame career and has more money than he can count. I'm not flying my flag at half staff at all. He was a great competitor, a great ambassador for the city but he was an even better hustler.

We’ll see just how good of a con man he really is if he can convince some lame to give to him big money somewhere else being 36 years old with a bum neck! It's not a knee or an ankle sprain bruh, it's a neck! Where he's one missed assignment away from literally being crippled. At least Irsay understand the ghetto creed “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times then I gotta cut you!” So Irsay followed the hustler’s protocol and handled it in a professional manner! I’m just glad that this wasn’t street business because it would have gotten ugly bruh!

Holla At Ya Boy!
Jay Graves
Follow me on Twitter: @jaygravesreport
 

3 comments:

  1. Peyton forgot he is playing with Irsay money,he gave you 26 million last season and you didn't play , no one player is bigger than the team, ask jerry rice and Joe Montana. All these manning fans got it twisted, There's a reason Irsay gets paid to run a team and fans pay to watch a team

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's the case, which I think there's something there, we would realy need to reevaluate what kind of person Peyton is. After all, I think he should have stayed and played for a incentive based contract. Thats if he truly cared about finishing his career here. If he did'nt care then he wouldnt want to restructure his contract because of the chance of getting gauranteed big money somewhere else. And stop it with the talk of Luck wanted to start his first year. They could have used some trickery and told him that they are trying to put a deal together later before the season started and still drafted and signed him if they are so skilled. And another thing, why is'nt anyone talking about how Luck is the clear cut first pick. Why is that??? RG3 has better or equal to the stats. Faster, more athletic, and he played in the tougher Big 12 conference. Not to mention he's a very intelligent individual. Let's start that conversation Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shame is Peyton gonna go on to hustle someone else next season...dude knows to work the game but Irsay caught up to that game and wasn't having it

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin