Keep It Vanilla!

"I'll think before I Twitter next time!"
With the advent of text messages, Facebook and Twitter I'm constantly telling my son and other young people that you can't write down everything that you're thinking. I need to extend that to a lot of adults I know as well.  Sometimes you have to use some self control and leave some thoughts in your head because once you write it down it becomes a public record.  

 Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall learned an expensive lesson this week after losing a lucrative endorsement deal with Champion Apparel after sending out controversial comments via Twitter about the death of Osama bin Laden and the events of 9/11. On Monday he tweeted "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

He also tweeted, in reference to the 9/11 terror attacks: "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

In response to the remarks Champion released the following statement:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin