"If You Look Good You Play Good!"

"Prime Time" was the King of wearing a uniform!

As a young athlete playing the game of football I had a simple philosophy "If you look good you play good". Years later I found out that Hall Of Famer Deion Sanders felt the same way but he put a twist to it saying, "If you look good you play good and if you play good you get paid good".  I believed with all of my heart that if you looked like a stud you played like a stud. When I was in high school my pants had to be extra tight as a running back so that I could move without the pads sliding and getting in the way. They were so snug that my offensive linemen would hold me in the air and drop me into my pants before the games in the locker room.

My shoes were polished like a brand new car, my rag had to hang just right off of the side of my belt, wrist bands and tape had to be perfect as well. I couldn't put my uniform on like everyone else because I would play like everyone else. It was all mental because 90% of competition is played between the ears. If you're more confident than your opponent you're typically going to win. Unlike Deion, I wasn't always the most talented guy on the field but by being the most confident it took my game to another level and it started with my uniform.


"Always Championship Ready"
If I looked like I knew what I was doing I could get into my opponents head and beat them even if they had more talent. It works the same way in Corporate America. I've been in sales for 22 years and my mission has always been to be the best looking guy in the building when I show up. When that happens my confidence is on another level and I can't lose.

When my competition walks in the door I want to be able to intimidate them by my presence at first glance. You'd be surprised at how effective you can be by just having a strong presence. Therefore, my suits are always tailored and fitting like I was born in them. As a result, I've won multiple regional and national championships over the course of my sales career and counting. Don't get it twisted, if you're competing against me you've got your hands full and they aren't big enough bruh!

I don't care what type of clothes you have to wear to work just make sure that you're the best looking person in those clothes on the job. You'll be surprised at how people treat you and how much respect you'll receive as a result of looking your best. They always say that first impressions are lasting impressions. I always say that today is your opportunity to impress.

It doesn't matter what you do for a living. When you look like the most qualified you typically become the most qualified because of the confidence that you approach your job with. I did an article a few months ago entitled "We talkin' bout...Practice!" about whatever we spend the majority of our time doing we become experts at it. So the question is, what are you willing to become the best at doing and how will you prepare yourself? In my opinion, it starts with your uniform.

People like to do business with people that they are impressed with or those that they have great confidence in. If you look the part you become the part. When you are confident in yourself others pick up on it. Now I know that clothes don't make the person but they sure do make them look more impressive. When you know that you look good in your uniform you're always ready for them to kick it directly to you so that you can run it back 100 yards like Deion Sanders.

 Holla At Ya Boy!!
Jay Graves
Follow me on Twitter:@jaygravesreport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin