The Uniform (Why a boyz gear is the ultimate reason for his success or failure)

"Prime Time" was the King of wearing a uniform!

Ayn Rand, the famous writer, once said, "Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice." Steven Spielberg stood up and shouted, "The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves." Then Maxwell Maltz sat everybody down with, "The 'self-image' is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior."

As a young athlete playin' the game of football I was in the business of changin' my personality and behavior just by figurin' out how to rock my gear the right way. I had a simple philosophy "If you look good you play good". Years later I found out that Hall Of Famer Deion Sanders felt the same way but he put a twist to it by sayin', "If you look good you play good and if you play good you get paid good".  I believed with all of my heart that if you looked like a stud you played like a stud. When I was in high school my pants had to be extra tight as a running back so that I could move without the pads slidin' and gettin' in the way. They were so snug that my offensive linemen would hold me in the air and drop me into my pants before the games in the locker room.

My shoes were polished like a brand new car, my rag had to hang just right off of the side of my belt, wrist bands and tape had to be perfect as well. I couldn't put my uniform on like everyone else because I would play like everyone else.

Let's keep it real or all the way 100, whichever comes 1st! It was all mental because 90% of competition is played between the ears playboy. If you're more confident than your opponent you're typically goin' to win. Unlike Deion, I wasn't always the most talented guy on the field but by bein' the most confident it took my game to another level and it started with my uniform. And don't get it twisted playboy I was the best in the city all of the time!


"Always Championship Ready"
If I looked like I knew what I was doin' I could get into my opponents head and beat them even if they had more talent. It works the same way in Corporate America. I've been in sales for 24 years and my mission has always been to be the best lookin' guy in the buildin' when I show up. When that happens my confidence is on another level and I can't lose.

When my competition walks in the door I want to be able to intimidate them just by my presence at first glance. You'd be surprised at how effective you can be by just havin' a strong presence. Therefore, my suits are always tailored and fittin' like I was born in them. As a result, I've won multiple regional and national championships over the course of my sales career and countin'. Don't get it twisted playa, if you're competin' against me you've got your hands full and they aren't big enough bruh! See how the gear just allows me to talk a big game? And if I'm talkin' a big game I gotta play a big game.

I don't care what type of clothes you have to wear to work just make sure that you're the best lookin' person in those clothes on the job. It doesn't matter if you're rockin' polo's and Khaki's, a suit or a work uniform. When you put that joint on, put it on!! You'll be surprised at how people treat you and how much respect you'll receive as a result of lookin' your best. They always say that first impressions are lastin' impressions. I always say that today is your opportunity to impress.

It doesn't matter what you do for a livin'. When you look like the most qualified you typically become the most qualified because of the confidence that you approach your job with. I did a Hot Joint a few years ago entitled "We Talkin' Bout...Practice!" about whatever we spend the majority of our time doin' we become experts at it. So the question is, what are you willin' to become the best at doin' and how will you prepare yourself? In my opinion, it starts with your uniform playa.

People like to do business with people that they're impressed with or those that they have great confidence in. If you look the part you become the part. When you are confident in yourself others pick up on it and women do to playa, don't get that twisted either. Now I know that clothes don't make the person but they sure do make the dun in them look more impressive. When you know that you look good in your uniform you're always ready for them to kick it directly to you so that you can run it back 100 yards like Deion Sanders.

 Holla At Ya Boy!!
Jay GravesReport
#thebestdressedmaninmedia
Get @ me on Twitter: @jaygravesreport
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheJayGravesReport
Instagram: JayGravesReport
The caption under the photo is REAL today playboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin