Respecting the Beast (Why the media hates Marshawn Lynch & the streets love him)

"Man just let me do me and I'm straight!"
Albert Einstein once said, “Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.” Lao Tzu, the ancient Chinese philosopher, kept it real when he said, “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.” Then Jackie Robinson pushed all of the cards off of the table when he said, “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me…All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”

Well Marshawn Lynch feels the same way because on Tuesday at the Super Bowl Media Day he was on the same tip. He pretty much said, I really don’t care if you like me or not playboy but you’re gonna respect me as a football player.

He told Prime (Deion Sanders) “I ain’t never seen no talkin’ win me no games!” He went on to say, “I’m kicked back, laid back, mind my own business, stay in my own lane. But Game time, though, I’ll be there.”

Just by saying that all of the hood dwellers and former hood dwellers like myself felt him on that bruh. That’s the code of the ghetto playa! Understanding that simple phrase is the difference between living and dying in the hood. You gotta respect ole boy for being true to the game even at the Super Bowl.

Let’s keep it real or all the way 100, whichever comes 1st! What tripped me out was Rich Eisen from NFL Network having a problem with ole boy not wanting to speak to the media. He hasn’t spoken with the freakin’ media all year bruh! The NFL has already assessed a $50K fine on him that they said he wouldn’t have to pay if he spoke with the media during the playoffs. He’s done that in the two previous games and he gave boyz 6 minutes and 20 seconds at Media Day. He’s fulfilled his obligation.

However, if he doesn’t want to talk to these duns and he’s got the bread to pay the fine, then let him pay the fine. On some real talk, 90% of the clowns in there asking questions shouldn’t even have been in the building in the first place. Why? Because they’re asking boyz questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the game or their personal stories of triumph etc.

Marshawn was just keepin’ it real bruh! Don’t waste these boyz time asking them ignorant questions about stuff that they care nothing about. And that’s the edited version. I heard a fool ask Peyton Manning was he happy about the Chinese New Year because she was from China. No disrespect to the Chinese New Year but that’s not relevant to what he’s trying to do. It’s a freakin’ circus and ole boy didn’t want any parts of it. You gotta respect that.

Then duns in the media got upset that he cursed on live television when Prime found him minding his own business hangin’ out in the back. Look here playa, he’s already told you that he was done when he left the podium. Should he have known better? Absolutely! But when a boy is somewhat of a recluse when it comes to public speaking he might just say anything because he’s not comfortable in that situation.

He doesn’t know how to turn it on and off for the cameras because he’s never had to. He’s just always been able to avoid them all together. So don’t get mad when the Rottweiler bites you for coming into his yard. He was kicked back, laid back, minding his own business, staying in his lane and you stepped on his tail. Now you’re mad that he got at you.

I want to give Prime and Marshall Faulk some major props for defending ole boy after the interview because Eisen was still hatin’ on the kid for not wanting to talk. He was on some ole “What if he’s up for the MVP of the game and he just dissed the very people that have a vote on who wins.” Marshall got him straight on that foolishness by telling him that the quarterback is gonna win it anyway.

Peyton Manning shouldn’t have won the joint when he did because all the real cats know that Dominique Rhoads carried the Colts in Super Bowl XLI. On some real talk, if these cats will keep him from winning the MVP because he wouldn’t talk to them that just further my point on why the media shouldn’t have a vote in the first place. Only former players and coaches should vote for that kind of stuff not some clown in the media that’s got a personal beef because his or her feelings got hurt. Give me a break!

Then Deion told him that we all grew up with cats like that and he played with guys like that too. As long as Beast Mode shows up on Sunday we’re cool. All of the REAL live cats across this country can’t do anything but respect that and we'll let the select haters in the media keep on hatin'. Stop me when I start lyin’!

Holla At Ya Boy!
JayGravesReport
#thebestdressedmaninmedia
Get @ me on Twitter: @jaygravesreport

Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheJayGravesReport
Instagram: JayGravesReport
The quote under the caption isn’t real but its REAL talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin