Collection Plate (My response to duns callin' me homophobic cuz I kept it real on Michael Sam)

"Yeah dawg, you right! I went about it all wrong!"
David Fincher, the famous film director, once said, “My idea of professionalism is probably a lot of people’s idea of obsessive.” Brittany Murphy, the famous actress, hit boyz off with, “I take work very seriously and telling the truth in my job and professionalism.” Then Chili Davis, the former baseball player, shut the buildin’ down with, “Professionalism is not sportsmanship. If you don’t succeed, you won’t be in your profession for long. In our society, it’s not about good or bad. It’s about who’s on top.”

Well playboy, that pretty much sums it up! We’ve learned this week that it’s not about what your sexuality is, it’s about what your skill level is. Nobody cares who you’re sleepin’ with when you show up for the freakin’ job interview. Michael Sam was cut by the St. Louis Rams not because he was gay but because he wasn’t good enough to play defensive end for them. Period!

The reason that I’m writin’ this joint today is because there were a lot of duns out there upset with me because I was the only sports writer out here with the nerve to say what was real about this situation in the hot joint entitled “Blood Fantasies.” I told you boyz that Michael Sam almost got away with the ultimate hustle and cats started callin’ me homophobic. What?

So let’s keep it real or all the way 100, whichever comes 1st! I’ve been in Corporate America for more than twenty four years playa and I’m one of the best in the world at what I do. When I walk into a client’s office they want to know one thing! Can I do my freakin’ job? They don’t wanna know anything else about me until I’ve proven to them that I’m worth the relationship based on my ability to perform.

OK, let me put it where the goats can get it pimpin’. When you showed up for your job interview with the company that you’re currently with did anybody ask you if you were gay? Did anybody care if you were gay? They asked you relevant questions about your professional background to see if you were a good fit for the job.

Michael Sam walked into the interview and threw the fact that he was gay on the table because there were no openly gay players on the job. Why? Because like I said in “Blood Fantasies” he was tryin’ to hustle the NFL into hirin’ him without merit. This has nothin’ to do with homo or heterophobia playa. This has everything to do with professionalism. Then once he threw it on the table he wanted everybody to only see him as a football player. And you can’t see that hustle?

Do you think that Robin Roberts, Ellen Degeneres, Elton John or Suzie Orman would be as successful as they are today if they had pulled a Michael Sam? If they had showed up on their job interviews, walked in and said I’m gay for no freakin’ reason just to try to get an edge because there were no openly gay people on their perspective jobs?

I watch Good Morning America EVERY mornin’ not because Robin is gay but because she is the best at what she does. And I didn’t know that she was gay until this year when she went through her battle with cancer and she started thankin’ her support system. Not when she applied for the freakin’ job!

I listen to Suzie Orman because she’s a financial guru not because she has a wife! And she was a guru way before anybody ever knew that she was gay. See how that works Michael Sam and the rest of you duns that don’t understand how the real world works?

I was born with one full arm pimpin’! I’ve never gotten a job because my arm was short. I’ve gotten the job because I could sell better than anybody in the freakin’ joint and when I've shown up I’ve been able to prove it. I wouldn’t have had a career in sales walkin’ in holdin my arm up bruh. Boyz want to know one thing about me. Can I sell? Boyz don't read TheJayGravesReport because my arm is short! They read this joint because it's hot!!!!! So go head on with that homophobia foolishness. In order to win in this world you gotta be darn good! And that’s the edited version.

Michael Sam is a hustler and it didn’t work. Stop tryin’ to defend that foolishness because on any other job interview he would have gotten thrown out of the joint for even bringin’ his sexuality up durin’ the interview process.

People kill me always wantin’ to hide behind the word homophobia when you’re givin’ it to them straight with no chaser. This is 2014 playa, nobody cares that Michael Sam is gay or that anybody else for that matter. He just better be able to play football first if he’s gonna play in the NFL. Michael Sam is unemployed this mornin' because of his lack of professionalism in his approach to the job. He put more of an emphasis on his sexuality than his ability to play the freakin' game. And every other team in the league watched it play out. That's why he came off of waivers and nobody picked him up. Now y’all can pass the collection plate because I’m done preachin’ and you can stop me when I start lyin’!

Holla At Ya Boy!
JayGravesReport
#thebestdressedmainmedia
Get @ me on Twitter: @jaygravesreport

Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheJayGravesReport
Instagram: JayGravesReport
The caption under the quote isn't real but its REAL talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin