Parliament-Funkadelic

In Stores Now! "The Return of the Funk!"
 Parliament-Funkadelic was a collection of multiple groups traveling, touring and setting the world on fire, literally in the 1970’s and ‘80’s. Headed by the funkateer himself, George Clinton, these boyz put in work and Landed the Mother Ship everywhere they performed. With hits like “One Nation Under a Groove, Flash Light, Aqua Boogie, The Pinocchio Theory and the Knee Deep” they were unstoppable! I could name joints all day but we’d start a block party in this piece. Not only were they hot musically but they got your attention as soon as they walked on stage because the outfits were crazy off the charts!

Well…the Oregon Ducks are the P-Funk of football bruh! The national media keeps acting like these boyz ain’t puttin’ in work but they’re in the lab creating hits every week. The only Joe’s the media want to talk about are the teams in the SEC. Like they’re the only duns suiting up on Saturdays. On some real talk, I don’t wanna hear about anybody but Bama and speak lightly about them because that schedule this year is boo-boo with racing stripes!

They really look like they’re playing in the Big East or Big Ten this year. Let me break it down for you homie: Michigan(dull), Western Kentucky(so dull), Arkansas(John L. Smith dull), Florida Atlantic(extra dull with mild sauce on the side), Ole Miss( dull as usual), Mizzou(couldn’t win in the Big 12 dull), Tennessee( will pull the dull upset on Bama because of their passing game), Miss State( southern drawl dull), LSU(an on the road dull “L” for Bama),  Texas A&M(1st year coach & new in the conference dull), Western Carolina(well done dull), Auburn( Gene Chizik will be fired by then dull). Stop it! Just Stop it! I don’t wanna hear nothing else about the tough schedule of the SEC not with joints like that!

I know they’ve got Georgia, LSU and South Carolina in the top 10 right now but none of those teams are the real deal. Like I always say, Georgia is Mark Richt’s Georgia, LSU can't throw the ball across the street and South Carolina is only in the top 10 because Steve Spurrier lives in Columbia and wears a sun visor.

"Make my Funk the P-Funk!"
Let’s keep it real or all the way 100, whichever comes 1st! The Oregon Ducks are the REAL DEAL and they’re killin’ the red carpet every time they show up to a premiere. Those uniforms are Blazin’ Hot like TheJayGravesReport every week bruh!  They’re ranked #2 in the country deservingly so. They’re puttin’ up yards like Pac Man Jones makin’ it rain in Vegas during the NBA All-Star weekend averaging 571 yards per game, which is ranked 5th nationally. These boyz are sprinting for 308 yards(ranked #7) on the ground led by De’Anthony Thomas and hitting the scoreboard up for 52 points per game(ranked #4th) and all I keep hearing about is the entire "from top to bottom" dull argument of the SEC.

In a Memphis accent "C’mon Mane!" Like I broke down in the Hot Joint "The Myth of the SEC" they only have 2 cats that are representing annually without the anomalies of Auburn for 1 year because of Cam Newton and Florida during the Urban/Tebow run. Guys like Urban and Nick Saban will win anywhere that has talent. The problem is, everybody can’t win with talent. It takes a special coach to put his ability to lead in the same pot with talent and make some good gumbo. Those guys just happen to be that type of chef! It has nothing to do with the entire conference of the SEC because they have garbage teams too.

So while everybody is still sleepin’ on the Ducks. I’m just giving props to some boyz that are puttin’ out hits and everybody is trying to act like they don’t see people dancin’ when the DJ is spinnin’ those joints. Well  real football folks can see that the dance floor is packed and cats are yelling "oh, oh, oh ,oh! Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap!" I’m sorry! That’s that G.I. in me!  Took me back for a minute! I thought I was at the Sheraton or McBride somewhere! Excuse me for flashing back bruh!

Now I’m still sticking with my national championship game of Florida State and West Virginia because I believe that they’ve got a better chance of running the table. If  Oregon continues to win they may have to play USC twice and that would be more difficult to do than what FSU and WV will have to do to make it to Miami! Although, I think Oregon is better than both of those teams. So I'm going to keep watching these boyz land the Mother Ship and I'll keep doing the Monster Spank with folks that love good music because the Ducks are making it funky!

Holla At Ya Boy!
Jay Graves
Get @ me on nTwitter: @jaygravesreport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin