Puttin' Boyz On Notice!

"Boise State pushes another big time program into the dirt!"
The worse thing you can do is feed a cat that keeps hanging around your backdoor! If you feed him once every time you open the door he'll be there waiting for more. There's nothing you can do but adopt him as one of your own and keep it moving.

I've been beating the Boise State Bronco's up for the past 5 years or so leading the charge that they don't deserve to be mentioned in the national title discussion because of the weak conference schedule that they play and in my opinion it's the worse.

Now last year they attempted to salvage the schedule by moving into the Mountain West and everybody took off just as they were moving in. BYU decided to become an independent, TCU is going to the Big East  in 2012 and Utah moved to the PAC 12. So the Bronco's are treated like the red headed step child again. Most schools don't want to play them and rightfully so because they've got the small school tag but they are a big time program that will show up a beat you.

I wouldn't want to play them especially if I had a tough schedule ahead of me. Why add another land mine to the obstacle course that's already deadly. No Thanks! The fans want to see it but the majors aren't putting them on the list until they join a big conference. That way the perception is, if I get beat I don't look bad.

Boise State showed up in the "A" and beat the brakes off of Georgia. So that argument just got louder and I can't hate anymore. One thing about the Bronco's, they will show up and win on the big stage. I've just been upset that they always play on neutral fields and at home when they play big games. But hey, they are the real deal when the lights come on and they keep proving it!

So know I've got to listen to the hype for another year about these guys and rightfully so. The Bronco's have officially put boys on notice! Regardless of their schedule they'll beat the doors off of it and when all the lights are on they can dance like Michael Jackson at Motown 25. So I'm officially off of the Bronco's extermination squad! Fighting it would be ridiculous because they keep showing up at the backdoor saying, remember me?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that it would be fair to put them into a title game if they ran the table having only played one game and schools from the Big 12, SEC, and Big Ten that may be undefeated and have potentially played 4 to 5 ranked ball clubs in as many weeks. However, you can't argue the fact that they win when they are supposed to. Unlike my OU Sooners and The Ohio State Buckeyes just to name a few, that will beat the brakes off of everybody on the schedule only to show up on the big stage and get abused.

 My Sooners are the one's to blame for feeding these guys in the first place at the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They allowed the Bronco’s to hang around just long enough to turn into Harry Potter when they pulled the magic out of their hats with perfection! The old hook & ladder along the original “Statue of Liberty!” That was one of the best games I’ve ever seen and the legend of "The Bronco Nation" was born, at least outside of Idaho. Now they keep coming back every year wanting to eat but we keep telling them that there isn‘t any room at the table.

So what do they keep doing? Pushing the closest guy out of his chair and daring him to say something. Georgia was just the latest to get punk’d! You won’t hear me hating on them anymore so I’m going to say in my Snoop Dogg voice from the song Gin & Juice, “I had to back up off of it and sit my cup down!”

Wouldn’t it be great if Oklahoma and Boise State both ran the table and had a rematch of the 2007 Fiesta Bowl for all of the marbles in New Orleans? Naw… that wouldn't OK with me but I completely understand your enthusiasm!


Holla at Ya Boy!
Jay Graves
Twitter: @jaygravesreport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin