Ain't No Future In Yo' Frontin'!


"They let you go too huh? I tried to tell you bruh!"

In 1990 MC Breed & DFC released the hot joint "Ain't No Future In Yo' Frontin'" off of their debut album that would later be released in 1991. Breed is known as the first commercially successful rapper to come out of the Midwest (Flint, Mi.). So I've always had love for him. No, it wasn’t Bone Thugs- n-Harmony from Cleveland bruh! It was my man Breed! Way back then he was telling folks not to get fired for being stupid today and tomorrow.

I know many of you have gotten up with the intent to blow off work today because of the start of the NCAA Tournament. These next two days, in my opinion, are the most exciting in sports. The games tip off at noon and go on until midnight. It's a sports fans dream. The only problem is that boyz will be stupid enough to call in sick/skip and front like they're working these next two days. C'mon bruh!

I know cats that will just straight up play hooky and post up in a sports bar all day when they should be in the field. Oh yeah, they’ll be serious about faking it today. Then you've got the idiot that goes to work and tries to look at the games on his computer after the company has sent out the policy last week stating that you would be in violation if you did. But you know some rebel has figured out a way to do it anyway.

Hey bruh, let me break it down to you like this! The economy is way too bad for you to go home this evening and tell your wife that you got fired for trying to watch the game! "What?" Yeah bruh, that's her screaming at the top of her lungs going at you hard! It's just not worth you showing up at my house looking for a place to crash 'til you get on your feet because my wife's gonna answer the door!

As big a sports fan as I am, I simply won't take the chance. I'm way too responsible to let a simple basketball game get in the way of making money. So I'll just take the next two afternoons off by using vacation time! I'm not gonna lie and say I was working when YOU KNOW I wasn't! Everybody that knows me knows that I’ll be posted up at the crib with my feet kicked up eating and having a good time soaking it all in.

 Hey bruh, I don't need any help watching the games, eating and drinking my Diet Coke! So don't come through and get me caught up in your foolishness. Because I know you told the wife that you were at work or told your boss that you were being productive. Either way, I'm not testifying on behalf of your foolishness! My name is Bennett and I ain't in it! Holla At Ya Boy!

How can you enjoy the games having to look over your shoulder all afternoon? I want to be comfortable in my big chairs and if I decide to shoot over to the sports bar I can. Everything is legit and I'm not hiding from my boss or most importantly, my wife! MC Breed broke that joint down over 20 years ago and boyz still haven't figured it out. Hey when they start letting people go today the HR department will be giving out that single in exit interviews to bump all the way to the crib! “To the beat ch’all!...” That was the joint!

Holla At Ya Boy!
Jay Graves
Follow me on Twitter: @jaygravesreport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin