Paper or Plastic?


"Stop Frontin' Deion!"

People that need mentors typically have them for a reason. Regardless of why a person may need some guidance, the mentor is there because they've been through the war so to speak. They typically know where all of the land minds are and can teach the less experienced individual how to navigate the dangers of making it in life, a particular profession or both.

So that's why it blows my mind that people will get older and forget what it was like to be young, irresponsible and in need of a mentor themselves. Deion Sanders who cut ties with Dez Bryant back in March says that he's concerned about the gifted young receiver. However, I'm tripping off of Deion because he threw the Cowboys WR under the bus on the radio because he's no longer working him. If he was really concerned about the kid he wouldn't be slamming him on the air. That was a punk move.

 As an older guy, Deion should've pulled him to the side and talked to him and I believe that he's done that but you never slam a guy on front street. Because by doing that you open the door for the mainstream media to pile on which is exactly what is happening. Momma used to say, "If you don't have nothing nice to say. Don't say nothing at all."

However, "Prime Time" had some interesting comments on Tuesday about Dez while being interviewed by WCNN sports in Atlanta saying, "Everybody is. I think the Dallas Cowboys are more concerned than I am. It's hard to talk to a person when they have millions, man, because there is so much noise in their life," Sanders said on the radio station. "Everybody around them is employed and they have 'yes men.' You gotta start hiring a 'no man.' "

Now let's be honest, Dez Bryant has made some mistakes in his young life but who hasn't. I mean the guy is 22 years old with, oh yeah… millions of dollars in his pocket. Does that excuse him for being young and immature? Absolutely not! He definitely needs to chill but Deion can't go at him in public though.

What has the kid done besides have dinner with Deion at the Hall Of Fame Elect's home before his senior season at Oklahoma State which got him suspended for his final year. Umm...seams like "Prime Time" the mentor should have known that having a kid over for dinner was an NCAA violation but who's the adult here?

"Hey man I need your help!"

Dez did get kicked out of a Texas mall earlier this summer for sagging. OK, I'm not in favor of the fashion statement but I'll give him a pass for being young, rich and stupid. I won't pile on the guy like my man Deion is doing though. Sounds like the kid needs a mentor to me and if you're in the mentoring business Deion, here's your guy.


God doesn't give you guys to mentor that don't need one bruh! So stop trying to hide behind your organization and finish what you started. I've always been a fan of yours but I'm going to call it like I see it. You're running from the very guy that needs your help and you're not man enough to admit it. Especially by making dumb statements like this:

"I had to cut my umbilical cord with him because a lot of things people do not know about. I'm trying to open schools and get these kids prepared for the future, and I can't have that on my record saying that: 'How am I going to send my kids to your school, and this is what you are turning out over here?' " Sanders told the radio station. "No, I am not turning that out over there. ... I love (Bryant). I see him from time to time. I pray for him, but as a unit we had to separate."

Dude just say, I want to help kids but I only want to help the ones that are still broke and will listen to every word that comes out of my mouth. Just say that it's too difficult to mentor a millionaire. It's like adopting a 17 year old because they're already set in there ways. I can completely understand. However, you need to run that game on folks that don’t know any better bruh because this sounds like you packed it in both paper and plastic!

Holla At Ya Boy!
Jay Graves
Twitter: @jaygravesreport
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Fire!

Top 10 Blazin' Hot Joints of the Last 30 Days!

LinkWithin